What do you think you are going to be asked to paint this Halloween season?
That’s right! Many, maaaaany sugar skulls!
Also called Catrina or Day of the Dead mask, this design is a hit every single year!
Check out the exquisite tutorial that was prepared by our School certified instructor Elodie Ternois and impress your clients this season!
– white by Kryolan mixed with orange 009 by Superstar, for a translucent and natural effect
– a mix of bubblegum and cyclamen by Superstar
– leaves: poison green by Superstar, Loew Cornell round brush #4
- Eyes and nose:
– regular black tag, Loew Cornell round brush #4. I put on black cyclamen Superstar
- Linework black:
– regular black tag, Loew Cornell flora brush #2
- Linework white:
– regular white by Tag, Loew Cornell round brush #2
– a mix of cyclamen and princess shimmer by Superstar
Take a look at what the International Face Painting School has to offer you! Become a confident face painter today!
Step 1: The background
Sponge the white and the colorful spots as the background of the decorations.
Step 2: The eyes and the nose
Outline and fill in the eyes with black, paint the nose hole.
Step 3: The roses
Fill in the roses with tiger-lines. This technique can help you create stunning tribal-style roses in no time!
Linework is one of the essential techniques that have to be mastered by every single face painter.
Did you know you that you can take a free class at the School where you can learn how to improve your linework? 👇👇👇
Check out our Free Online Workshop and learn how to make your tiger lines, teardrops and swirls look flawless like Elodie’s! 😍
Step 4: Teardrops, swirls and curls
Step 5: And more delicate lines, teardrops and swirls…
Side view. Notice that the mouth corner connects with the top tip of the ear. This is one tricks to make your face painting blend perfectly into the facial features.
Step 6: The highlights
Add bright highlights with waxy white and to make the design stand out even more!
We hope you enjoyed this amazing step-by-step by Elodie Ternois!
Now share this post with your friends so you’re all set up and ready to party! 👇👇👇